Each year, a jury of experts carefully evaluates the applications for the Commitment Award while considering the following questions: How charitable is the project? How much potential and sustainability is incorporated into the project? Will the prize money be used responsibly and effectively? Is the project likely to be actualized?
The jury consists of various members from politics, civil society and the private sector. The 2021 jury members are
- Marufa Akter, first winner of the Commitment Award,
- Rupert Antes, Haniel Foundation
- Robert Burdy, founder of and coach at the Shibumi Leadership Academy and Moderator at MDR,
- Michael Dirkx, Managing Director of the W.P. Schmitz-Stiftung,
- Dirk Wegler, head of the Thuringian Center for Startups and Entrepreneurship (ThEX), and
- Clara Peron, Founder and Managing Director of Value for Good.
Previous jury members are i.a (affiliations according to the time of their jury membership).
- Boris Lochthofen, Managing Editor at the MDR Studio Erfurt,
- Rita Süssmuth, former President of the German Federal Parliament and the former Federal Minister for Family Affairs, Women, Youth and Health
- Andreas Rickert, CEO / Vorstandsvorsitzender, PHINEO gAG
- Laura Bastine, BMW Foundation
- Manuel Hartung, Tempus Corporate (Die ZEIT)