Application opens on March 1, 2021 and closes on April 11, 2021. Late applications will not be considered! The complete application documents must be sent in one zipfile (max. 2MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org to by 23:59 (CEST) on April 11, 2021.
- Any currently enrolled student or group of students or alumni of the Brandt School can submit an application and be eligible for this award.
- External applications are also considered, but need the approval of one person fulfilling the above mentioned criteria and the person’s willingness to serve as a Brandt School partner for the project or to actively join the team. (You don’t know anyone? Send us a short sketch of your project idea by March 23 and we’ll try to get you in touch with potential partners.)
- You can apply as a group or as a single person, but only one application per project is accepted
- You may work in cooperation with an NGO, or you can start up your own organization.
- Projects must represent new ideas (i.e., the award is not funding for pre-existing projects).
- Previous winners are not allowed to submit projects (2 years cool-off period).
- A complete application consists of a zip-file (max. 2MB) with
- the Application Form 2021 as PDF (you may add a maximum of two additional pages to this document to further elaborate on this project, if needed),
- the signed Declaration of Obligation as PDF,
- a group picture of which the project members own all rights and which may be used publicly by the Engagementpreis Foundation and the Brandt School for all purposes related to the Commitment Award (JPEG or PNG), and
- a one minute (!) video explaining the problem your project is addressing and outlining your solution, ideally showing footage from the location of your project (MPEG or MOV, you may include a link for the video instead of including the video in the zip-file)
- can be a local or international initiative,
- must be socially charitable,
- must put the prize money to good use (i.e., towards project implementation) if won
- must be realistic/likely to be implemented
- must be sustainable, i.e. show the potential to last beyond the one year funding period, and
- must be scalable, i.e. have the potential to grow what you plan to implement with the prize money.
The application should furthermore demonstrate that the applicants have the necessary experience and means to carry out this project.
Our 2021 Information Sheet offers an overview of all relevant application information. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please get in touch via the contact form on the home page.